Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Football Season


For the second year ever, the Golden Girls cheered and danced at the football games. Although Florida State football at the moment wasn't very well known for its talent, we had Bobby Bowden; all american football legend. It was a season full of practices and work outs seeing as we would be in our uniforms (aka very small tummy showing tops) in front of thousands of fans, but most importantly our peers. As seniorority goes, the vets of course are chosen first over the rookies and only about 10 girls could be on the field at a time. So just how many games was I awarded my rookie year? One. Just one. So what, yeah I was a rookie... So why did kaitlin, a rookie, get to do every single stinking game?? The rule was as followed; each rookie would get at least one game plus more depending on how well they knew the material. Let's just say I definitely knew my material, and well! When a girl didn’t necessarily want to do a game, they could ask off and an alternate would then step in at the last minute. I wasn’t chosen to be an alternate even except for one game. Any time someone stepped out last minute, I was always the first to respond, but never was chosen. So November came around and I finally got to do my one football game. My entire family drove up to come and watch me, which was a big deal considering over have are die hard Florida Gator fans. I had a blast, it was everything I imagined it would be. Too bad it was the last game of the entire season…. So the unfairness begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment