Wednesday, April 28, 2010


December; a month of holidays, a month of midterms, and a month of non-stop practice. This was a pretty rough month for me personally. The first week of December, I was rushed to the Thagard Health Center on campus and immediately hooked up to I.V.s. It took three days to run multiple tests, but the conclusion of this horrible sickness was Strep type C. The difference between normal people strep and Strep type C; it is usually found in animals. To this day we still don’t know how I contracted this virus, but it was pretty bad. I had a continuous fever from 102-103 for three days and was not allowed to go to classes. Perfect timing since mid terms were the next week, right? Luckily I passed my midterms with flying colors. So now time for Christmas break?!? WRONG! Instead of moving out of the dorms to go home, all of the Golden Girls packed up, and moved into other Golden Girls’ apartments for the next two weeks. It was time to practice for Nationals coming in January. Unfortunately only 14 girls can be in each the jazz and hip hop dances. So who was left out of both? I was. For two weeks I got to go to three a day practices; 6am, 1pm and 6 pm, to sit and watch my team make up and create our nationals dances. Last year at UDA Nationals, we placed 2nd in the nation, and was determined to stay in that place, or close to it. Although this time with the team did create a great bond between Kaitlin, Holly, Annie, Amarylis, Gabby and myself, it was time to finally go home December 21st. We got a total of 9 days at home seeing as the rookies were the ones doing the New Years Eve Basketball game. Happy New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment